Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1760

18 February 2014

1760 – Dowth Hall, Co. Meath

Architect: George Darley Dowth Hall dates from c.1760 and was built for John, Viscount Netterville (1744-1826), and probably designed by George Darley. According to theirishaesthete.com: “The real delight of Dowth lies in its...

04 January 2012

1760s – Hapenny Bridge Galleries, No.15 Bachelors Walk, Dublin

Beside the shop of Edward Butler, this antiques shop has a fine original shop fa├žade. In 1850, this premises was owned by D.Breen who was described as a “Life Insurance Company” and specialist...

18 February 2010

1760 – Fitzwilliam Street, Dublin

Named after the Fitzwilliam family, Earls of Merrion, who developed this land as part of their great estate on the southside of the Liffey. This, the most cohesive estate in Dublin was laid...

08 February 2010

1760 – Dining Hall, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Hugh Darley In the 1740s Richard Cassels designed and built a Dining Hall on this site replacing an earlier structure. However on two separate occasions, the vaults collapsed and it was eventually...

08 February 2010

1760 – Provost’s House, Trinity College Dublin

The Provost is the head of Trinity College and accordingly a sumptuous residence was provided. Originally the position was held until death with the next incumbent being elected by the fellows of the...

19 January 2010

1760 – D.E. Williams House, Patrick Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: George Ross Built of coursed limestone and set back from the street, this house stands out from the predominantly rendered street elevations. Impressive in its distinctive mid eighteenth-century design, the house was...

08 January 2010

1760 – Harbour House, Maynooth, Co. Kildare

Interesting treatment on a mid eighteenth century house with the main entrance elevated to first floor level and acessed by a metal staircase.

29 September 2009

1760 – Aviemore House, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Aviemore House is the most imposing residence in Monaghan both from its imposing facade to its positioning on Hill Street. The building is placed on the end of the climb of Mill...