Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1761

21 March 2013

1761 – Statue of George II, South Mall, Cork

Architect: John Van Nost the Younger Equestrian statue of George II, erected 7 July and unveiled 16 Jul 1761. Originally was situated in the centre of Tuckey’s Bridge which connected Tuckey’s Quay, now...

21 January 2010

1761 – Lighthouse & Harbour, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

The harbour comprises of two limestone piers with lighthouse positioned at end of east pier. The East pier is largely of limestone rubble with concrete poured on main pathway while west pier is...

19 January 2010

1761 – Tholsel, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

The name “Tholsel” is derived from two old English words: “toll”, meaning tax; and “sael”, or hall, the place where tolls were paid. In the middle ages it served as court house, custom-house,...