Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1764

26 November 2013

1764 – Marlay House, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Marlay House was built by Thomas Taylor and was originally known as ‘The Grange’. David La Touche, first governor of the newly established Bank of Ireland acquired and extended the house in 1764...

20 January 2010

1764 – Mellows Bridge, Dublin

This is the oldest standing bridge spanning the Liffey. Built in 1764 and completed in 1768, it was originally known as Queens Bridge after Charlotte of Mecklenburg, wife of George III. It was...

25 November 2009

1764 – Pantheon, Paris

Architect: Jacques Germain Soufflot The plans for this massive church were drawn up in 1757, and work started in 1764, but the building was not finished until 1800. The exterior of the cupola...

25 September 2009

1764 – Florence Court, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Florence Court is romantically named after the wife of Sir John Cole who first built a house on the spectacular site in the early 18th century. The present Palladian style house was probably...