Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1773

20 February 2014

1773 – Abbeyleix House, Abbeyleix, Co. Laois

Architect: James Wyatt A seven-bay, three-storey over basement with dormer attic Classical-style country house, begun 1773, with a pedimented breakfront having a cut stone Doric door-case to the ground floor. Originally brick, later...

16 September 2012

1773 – Castle Archdale, Co. Fermanagh

The house was built by Colonel Mervyn Archdale in 1773 on the shores of Lower Lough Erne, to replace a Plantation castle of 1615. It had three storeys over a basement; a six...

09 January 2012

1773 – Blue Coat School, Blackhall Place, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Ivory Thomas Ivory’s design for the Blue Coat School, Blackhall Place (now the Law Society) with the sadly unbuilt tower. Ivory was selected as the architect of the school after an...

14 December 2011

1773 – Hibernian Marine School, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Cooley The Hibernian Marine School was founded in 1766 and the primary aim of the school was free education for the sons of seafarers that lost their lives or suffered disabilities...

14 December 2011

1773 – Newgate Gaol, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Cooley Between 1773 and 1781, a new prison designed by Thomas Cooley was built to replace the earlier, semi-ruined prison near Christ Church Cathedral. This was originally one of the city...

07 April 2010

1773 – The Law Society, Blackhall Place, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Ivory One of Dublin’s great unfinished buildings, the former Blue Coat School now the Law Society seems a curious building minus the tall and flamboyant spire that was intended. The...

26 January 2010

1773 – Casino, Marino, Dublin

Architect: Sir William Chambers Acknowledged as the most important neo-classical building in Ireland, the Casino was designed by Sir William Chambers for Lord Charlemont as a garden pavilion at his Marino Estate. The...