Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1776

25 July 2013

1776 – St Anne’s Church, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Francis Hiorne Commisioned by by Arthur, 5th Earl of Donegall, and named after his wife, St Anne’s was designed by English architect Francis Hiorne of Warwick. Constructed on the site of the...

22 May 2013

1776 – Tervoe House, Kilkeedy, Co. Limerick

Architect: Built in 1776 by Colonel W.T. Monsell MP on the site of an earlier house. Demolished in the 1950s. Photograph from the Irish Tourist Association Survey 1943-44.

15 July 2012

1776c – Downhill House, Co. Derry

Architect: Michael Shanahan Frederick Hervey commissioned work at Downhill Demesne near the village of Castlerock in the early 1770s, after he was made the Bishop of Derry in 1768. Built by the architect...

09 June 2010

1776 – Harcourt Street, Dublin

Named after Lord Simon Harcourt, the former Lord Lieutenant of Ireland from 1772-76. A fine Georgian street that is largely intact, Harcourt Street leads away from St. Stephen’s Green. The details of Dublin’s...

05 February 2010

1776 – American Ambassador’s Residence, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Sited near the centre at the park, just off Chesterfield Avenue and close to àras an Uachtaráin is the residence of the ambassador of the United States of America to Ireland. A grand...

31 December 2009

1776 – Cornmarket House, Wexford, Co. Wexford

Building of a market house commenced in 1772 by Wexford Corporation and was completed in 1776. The lower windows of today were arched recesses for the traders, a reminder of its market house...

25 September 2009

1776 – Derrymore House, Bessbrook, Co. Armagh

Architect: John Sutherland A late 18th century thatched house in a gentrified style, Derrymore House is owned by the National Trust and open to the public. John Sutherland was responsible for laying out...