Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1777

14 March 2014

1777 – Brabazon Park House, Swinford, Co. Mayo

Swinford was established in the late 1700s by the Brabazon family. Originally from Leicestershire in England and had been living on their estate near Ballinasloe in County Galway until they were dispossessed during...

22 October 2012

1777 – Old Gaol, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon

The building originally consisted of 36 Cells and the Governor’s Private Dwelling. It is known for having a hangwoman “Lady Betty”, a criminal who had her sentence for murder withdrawn on condition that...

15 June 2010

1777 – Avondale House, Co. Wicklow

Architect: James Wyatt Avondale House, Avondale, County Wicklow, Ireland is the birthplace and home of Charles Stewart Parnell (1846-1891) one of the greatest political leaders of Irish history. A fine Georgian house, designed...

05 November 2009

1777 – Clock Gate, Youghal, Co. Cork

Architect: William Meade This is the third gate on this site in the town walls and was completed in 1777. The tower was used as the town gaol until 1837 and prisoners were...