Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1785

09 March 2013

1785 – Rokeby Hall, Dunleer, Co. Louth

Architect: Thomas Cooley Designs for Rokeby Hall by Thomas Cooley but supervised by Francis Johnston after his death, for Richard Robinson, Archbishop of Armagh. Robinson has previously hired both Cooley and Johnston for...

12 October 2012

1785 – Mussenden Temple, Co. Derry

Built in 1785 and forms part of the estate of Frederick Augustus Hervey, the 4th Earl of Bristol, Bishop of Derry. Built as a library and modelled from the Temple of Vesta in...

06 October 2012

1785 – Moore Hall, Co. Mayo

Architect: John Roberts Also known as Moorehall, the house was constructed between 1792 and 1795. The Moores were originally an English Protestant family but some became Catholic when John Moore married the Catholic...

12 June 2012

1765 – Leitrim House, Stephen St., Dublin

Large Georgian mansion now in use as offices. Has an excellent toplit staircase with fine plaster work. The building has an unusual floor plan arrangement on the ground level, perhaps due to the...

06 January 2012

1785 – White Linen Hall, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Roger Mulholland Large building with enclosed square for the selling of what was then Belfast’s most important product. Three relatively unadorned facades, with a central tower dominating the primary frontage. Demolished in...

08 February 2010

1785 – Examination Hall, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Sir William Chambers Designed by Sir William Chambers, the Examination Hall faces across the main quadrangle towards the Chapel which he also designed. Also known as the Public Theatre and intended for...

05 February 2010

1786 – Irish Army Headquarters, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: James Gandon A building often overlooked by visitors to the park, the Army Headquarters was built by James Gandon as the Royal Military Infirmary. Gandon was paid in 1786 for the designwork,...

25 September 2009

1785 – Temple of the Winds, Newtownards, Co. Down

Architect: James Stuart The Temple of the Winds, James “╦ťAthenian’ Stuart’s banqueting hall of 1785, overlooks Strangford Lough. It had small viewing balconies, instead of porticos, to take advantage of views. The interior...