Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1790

17 December 2013

1790 – Fountain, James St., Dublin

Architect: Francis Sandys An obelisk with 4 sundials with a drinking fountain at its base, built in 1790 by the Duke of Rutland, the Lord Lieutenant. The architect Francis Sandys was responsible for...

09 March 2013

1790 – Poulaphouca Bridge, Co. Wicklow

Once this waterfall on the Liffey was once one of the best known in the country, but was reduced to a trickle when the hydroelectric scheme was built in the 1940′s. The bridge...

19 October 2012

1790 – St. John the Baptist’s Church, Cashel, Co. Tipperary

Architect: John Roberts / Walter G. Doolin Designed by John Roberts the original structure of this church dates from the late-eighteenth century while the tympanum and other so-called embellishments were added by W.G...

09 April 2012

1790 – Central Range and Campanile, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: William Chambers Design for eastern side of Parliament Square in Trinity College Dublin. Never constructed, some years later during the 1850s, a new campanile by Charles Lanyon was constructed in this position.

20 March 2012

1790 – Gate, Strokestown Park, Co. Roscommon

Architect: Strokestown is noted for its wide streets. It is said that they were made this way because the second Lord Hartland of Strokestown wanted to make his village thoroughfare wider than the...

07 January 2012

1790 – Meeting-House, Rosemary Street, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Dr. Drummond’s Meeting-House, Second Congregation, Rosemary Street, was built 1790, nad demolished 1964. It is believed that architect Francis Hiorne who designed St. Anne’s Church was consulted on the design. It is unclear...

04 January 2012

1790 – Corner, Capel Street, Dublin

Sadly lying derelict, this prime city site looks just as it did when Malton did his view of Essex Bridge with all its original glazing bars complete. Now badly in need of some...

22 November 2011

1790 – Daly’s Club House, College Green, Dublin

Architect: Francis Johnston Elevation of Daly’s Club House, College Green, 1823 Wide Street Commission Map 445/2. Part of the facade still remains. Daly’s Club House, was a gentlemen’s club in Dublin, Ireland, a...

24 August 2010

1790 – Emo Court, Co. Laois

Architect: James Gandon, William Caldbeck Designed by the architect James Gandon in 1790 for John Dawson, the first Earl of Portarlington, the house took many years and architects to complete. It was around...

Pages:12Next »