Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1796

07 May 2012

1796 – Dublin Society, Hawkins St., Dublin

Architect: Henry Aaron Baker & Edward Parke In 1796 the Dublin Society moved from their building on Grafton Street, to Hawkins Street where they already had their “Repository.” The Society having taken additional...

27 April 2012

1796 – Foster Aqueduct, Constitution Hill, Dublin

In 1789 Dublin Corporation commissioned the Royal Canal and a harbour built on Constitution Hill, connected to the main canal at Phibsboro by a spur. Though the branch line was completed by 1796,...

17 February 2010

1796 – Grand Canal Locks, Dublin

The Earl of Camden opened the docks and one of the large locks, which separate the docks from the Liffey, was named after him. The other two being the Buckingham and Westmoreland Locks.

28 January 2010

1796 – Kilmainham Jail, Dublin

Built in 1796, Kilmainham Jail has witnessed many of the events leading to Irish independence: Prisoners from the United Irish Rebellion of 1796, the Emmet Rebellion of 1803, the Great Famine of 1845...

07 January 2010

1796 – The Corn Exchange, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Francis Johnston Originally designed by Francis Johnston who lived in Drogheda from 1786 to 1793 while working on a commission from Primate Robinson. This building today houses Drogheda’s council offices. It is...