Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1802

23 September 2014

1802 – Markree Castle, Co. Sligo

Architect: Francis Johnston The castle, as we see it today, dates from 1802 with exterior changes by the architect Francis Johnston and with some changes made, mainly to the interior, in 1896. Semi-derelict...

07 January 2014

1802 – Castlecomer House, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: John Johnston The original Castlecomer House, the family seat of the Wandesfordes, was built in 1638. It was burned down during the battle of Castlecomer in 1798. A replacement and larger house...

27 November 2013

1802 – Farnham House, Co. Cavan

Architect: Francis Johnston A large addition around 1802 by Francis Johnston gave the house its current form today. This is the latter day surviving Farnham House, which is now incorporated as the centrepiece...

23 March 2012

1802 – Proposal for Bank of Ireland, College Green, Dublin

Architect: Richard Morrison In 1802, architects were invited to submit designs for the conversion of the old Houses of Parliament into a new Bank of Ireland. This was despite the commission already being...

26 January 2012

1802 – West Prison, Aberdeen, Scotland

Architect: Aberdeen’s Bridewell opened 1802 and was demolished around 1868. An impressive stone gateway to the Bridewell prison stood until 1883 when it was demolished.

23 March 2011

1802 – Design for house, Co. Laois

Architect: Richard Morrison A design published in “A collection of designs for rural retreats” by James Malton, with two elevational treatments. Annotated as to be built in “Queen’s County”, there are no records...

03 February 2011

1802 – St Etchan’s Church, Killucan, Co. Westmeath

There has been a church on this site since the time of the Normans. The present church on the site dates from 1802. Inside this church is a 13th century font. On the...

04 February 2010

1802 – The Four Courts, Inns Quay, Dublin

Architect: James Gandon One of the landmarks of Dublin with its large drum and shallow dome, and visible all along the Liffey, the Four Courts derives its names from the four divisions that...

13 January 2010

1802 – Zumsteinhaus, Kempten, Bavaria

Like other buildings in Kempten, this substantial bank now a local Museum features architectural detail that is painted onto the facade rather than being plaster stucco or carvings.