Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1807

22 September 2014

1807 – St Andrews Church, Dublin

Architect: Francis Johnston “The church, situated in St. Andrew’s-street, opposite Church-lane, was commenced in 1793, and completed in 1807, at an expense of £22,000. It is of elliptical form, 80 feet by 60,...

13 November 2012

1807 – Lissan Rectory, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: John Nash Picturesque Italianate villa, for Rev. John Molesworth Staples (nephew, by marriage, of James Staples of Killymoon Castle, also designed by Nash. Later additions included the balcony, and the removal of...

15 October 2012

1807 – Kilwaughter Castle, Co. Antrim

Architect: John Nash The present building incorporates a Scottish style plantation house of ca 1622, built by Patrick Agnew. Between 1803-07 the present Georgian castle was built for Edward Jones Agnew by John...

22 January 2012

1807 – Castle Gar, Ahascragh, Co. Galway

Architect: Sir Richard Morrison “In his exteriors he imitated mediaeval castles and abbeys, or preferably Tudor mansions, and sometimes combined the two. His interiors were richly decorated with ornamental carvings, the walls were...

19 February 2010

1807 – Chapel Royal, Dublin Castle

Architect: Francis Johnston The Chapel Royal, or as it is now known the Church of the Most Holy Trinity, was designed in the Gothic style by Francis Johnston. It is built on the...

19 February 2010

1807 – Dublin Castle Ship Street Entrance

Architect: Francis Johnston The main entrance to the castle for vehicular traffic, the gate has a pedestrian walkway above for security. The gateway to the left leads to the Castle Steps which is...

10 February 2010

1807 – Grand Canal Hotel, Portobello, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Colbourne The hotel was one of five operated between Dublin and the Shannon and opened in 1807 and operated until 1860 despite passenger services being stopped in 1852. Sited beside the...

07 January 2010

1807 – St Mary’s Church of Ireland, Drogheda, Co. Louth

A simple First Fruits church from 1807, with a three bay nave with pointed windows with Y tracery. It has a rectangular sanctuary at the eastern end. The tower is of three stages...

02 September 2009

1807 – Nelson Monument, Calton Hill, Edinburgh

Architect: Robert Burn Designed shortly after the Battle of Trafalgar, the stone tower has some excellent views of the city. The castellated base was added 1814-16 to the design of Thomas Bonnar.

Pages:12Next »