Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


13 July 2015

1808 – Bearforest, Mallow, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Morrison Constructed 1807-08 for Robert Delacour to designs by Sir Richard Morrison. Inscribed on the entablature over the entrance ‘est ubi depellata somnos minus invida cura’ from Horace Epistle 1.10. A...

19 March 2015

1808 – Sir Patrick Dun’s Hospital, Grand Canal Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir Richard Morrison The physician Sir Patrick Dun had died in 1713, leaving lands in county Waterford in trust to the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland. The College was to use...

16 December 2009

1808 – Morrin College, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Thomas Baillargé In the days of New France, the Royal Redoubt, stood on the site of the Morrin Centre. These enclosed defensive works were adjacent to the original city walls. Initially used...