Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


28 September 2015

1818 – Braganza House, Carlow, Co. Carlow

Architect: Thomas A. Cobden Originally built for Col. Sir Dudley Hill by Thomas A. Cobden, later the architect of the nearby Roman Catholic Cathedral. After been used as the Bishop’s Palace for many...

12 January 2015

1818 – Chapel, Female Orphanage, North Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: William Farrell Kirwan House or The Female Orphan House was a female orphanage on Dublin’s North Circular Road, established in 1791. Destitute Girls, where both parents were deceased, were placed in the...

26 September 2014

1818 – Former Prison, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Designed to hold 200 inmates in a polygon-shaped building, with six-bay two-storey facets and six-bay three-storey terminal block to south. The Governor’s residence situated in the centre of the prison. Construction of the...

07 March 2013

1818 – Former Griffith Barracks, South Circular Road, Dublin

Originally known as the Richmond House of Correction and later the Richmond Bridewell. Opened in 1818 to designs by Francis Johnston, with later work in the 1850 by John Skipton Mulvany. In 1887...

29 November 2011

1818 – Kilcoleman Abbey, Milltown, Co. Kerry

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison Also known as Milltown House. More or less abandoned from 1800 to 1818, the house was renovated under the second Baronet, Sir John Godfrey, according to ambitious plans drawn...

23 March 2011

1818 – Design for Glencairn Abbey, Co. Waterford

Architect: Richard Morrison Largely unbuilt scheme for a client who died shortly after the design was commissioned. Although a house was actually built, it was to a more reduced scale and ambition –...

28 January 2010

1818 – Neue Wache, Berlin

Architect: Karl Friedrich Schinkel This was the first of Schinkel’s great works and was completed shortly after he was appointed a senior advisor to the king. A sternly classical building, the guardhouse (Neue...

20 January 2010

1818 – Father Mathew Bridge, Dublin

Architect: George Knowles & James Savage Originally the site of the only bridge crossing the Liffey until 1674, Fr Mathew Bridge is named after a proponent of abstinence from alcohol. The current bridge...

11 November 2009

1818 – Church of Ireland, Cahir, Co. Tipperary

Architect: John Nash

Pages:12Next »