Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1819

07 January 2014

1819 – Gowran Castle, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: William Robertson Designed and built by William Robertson for 2nd Viscount Clifden. between 1816 and 1819. The centrepiece of the building is the mainfront exhibiting expert masonry in locally-sourced Kilkenny limestone. Possibly...

06 December 2013

1819 – Hyde Park Barracks, Sydney, Australia

Architect: Francis Greenway Designed by convict architect Francis Greenway between 1818–19; originally built at the head of Macquarie Street (1819) to house convict men and boys. In 2010, Hyde Park Barracks and ten...

04 April 2013

1819 – Templemore Abbey, Co. Tipperary

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison Constructed on the site of an earlier house, Templemore Abbey was a vast neo-Gothic mansion designed by one of the masters of the genre in Ireland, William Vitruvius Morrison....

14 March 2013

1819 – Library, Ballymahon, Co. Longford

Architect: S. Mullen Former markethouse converted into a public library. Quite a plain two storey building of three bays, with segmental-headed arches on ground floor and Shuldham family arms in eaves pediment. Tastefully...

22 January 2013

1819 – Salmon Weir Bridge, Galway

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison Previously known as the Jail Bridge, as the city jail was on the site of where the Cathedral now is. A fine gently humped five-span bridge. Attribute to Morrison...

06 January 2010

1819 – Courthouse, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Edward Parke Designed by Edward Park and supposedly based on the portico design and dimensions of the Temple of Theseus in Athens, Dundalk Courthouse is a fabulous classical revival building. Its main...

31 December 2009

1819 – Shelton Abbey, Arklow, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Sir Richard Morrison The ancestral seat of the Earls of Wicklow was the palatial Shelton Abbey, near Arklow, County Wicklow, which remained in the family until 1951. Detached eleven-bay two storey former...

28 September 2009

1819 – Church of Ireland, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Built in 1819, the church replaced an earlier parish church in Church Street. The church contains a memorial to Charles Coote Esq. who died in 1842.