Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1820

01 January 2015

1820 – Poolbeg Lighthouse, Dublin

Architect: George Halpin Originally constructed in the 1760s, it was re-designed and re-built in 1820 by George Halpin. The current lighthouse is painted red to indicate ‘port side’ for ships entering Dublin Bay...

28 February 2013

1820s – Northumberland Hotel (Liberty Hall), Eden Quay, Dublin

Originally built in the 1820s as Northumberland Hotel, with a coffee house and hotel. Later part of the building was converted into a Turkish baths. Eventually purchased in 1912 as a headquarters for...

22 January 2013

1820 – Moyode Castle, Athenry, Co. Galway

About 3.5 km east of Athenry, Co. Galway, once the country seat of a wealthy Galway family called Persse, and constructed circa 1820.. The ruins can still be seen today. In the early...

02 January 2013

1820 – Rathmullan House, Co. Donegal

Built in 1820 as a summer house for the family of Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Knox, Rathmullan House is now a small country house hotel.

14 October 2012

1820 – Tynan Abbey, Co. Armagh

Architect: John Nash Designed by John Nash who had a cluster of work in the area including Caledon House in Co. Tyrone, and some lodges at Castle Leslie in Co. Monaghan, both very...

31 August 2012

1820 – Rathmines Castle, Rathmines, Dublin

Described in Lewis as “Among the most conspicuous are Rathmines Castle, the residence of J. T. Purser, Esq., a castellated mansion in tastefully disposed grounds”. Described in The Dublin Penny Journal, September 14,...

12 February 2012

1820 – Northern Whig House, Waring Street, Belfast

Architect: John McCutcheon Architect is uncertain, but usually attributed to McCutcheon. According to Brett in his Buildings of Belfast, the Commercial Buildings ‘looks as though it ought to be attributed to a more...

23 March 2011

1820 – Castle Freke, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Morrison Ruined for many years, currently undergoing reconstruction.

15 June 2010

1820 – Killruddery, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Sir Richard Morrison, William Slater, William Burn Now a lot smaller than completed after Earl of Meath demolished most of the entrance front in the 1950s when the building was discovered to...

Pages:12Next »

Skip to toolbar