Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


28 January 2010

1820 – Former Church, Howth, Co. Dublin

Fine stone 19th century church now in alternative use, with large roundheaded window centred on symetrical main facade.

28 January 2010

1820 – Courthouse, Kilmainham, Dublin

Built in 1820 to replace an older structure, the courthouse is sited next to the former gaol. The building is finished with austere stonework and the Royal coat-of-arms in the pediment. Closed in...

27 January 2010

1820 – Harbour Commissioner’s House, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Built in the neo-classical style with Dalkey granite in 1820. Contains an unusual staircase and is surmounted by a clock tower and signalling turret. Recently restored externally as the centrepiece of a modern...

27 January 2010

1820 – Sexton’s Cottage, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Adjacent to the school and the local Church of Ireland, this is an attractive little house with unusual detailing above the upper windows.

26 January 2010

1820 – Former School, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Adjacent to the Church of Ireland, and now used as a community centre, this little school opens out on to the main street of the village as well as the forecourt of the...

19 January 2010

1820 – Kilkenny Castle Stableyards, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Charles Verpyle A fine building across the street from the castle and grander than many public buildings in other towns in Ireland, the stables consist of two courtyards and buildings. The main...

19 January 2010

1820 – St. John’s Priory, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: William Robertson Priory with medieval roots, much of the original church was demolished or incorporated into this small parish church. The Augustine priory was founded by William Le Mareschal in c.1220. In...

05 November 2009

1820 – Houses, Wolfe Tone Sq., Bantry, Co. Cork

Semi-detached pair of houses, constructed around 1820, now in use as offices.

28 September 2009

1820 – Church of Ireland, Cavan, Co. Cavan

Architect: John Bowden One of the larger Board of First Fruits churches due to the town’s status as a garrison town, the Church of Ireland has a fine galleried interior. Full, it can...

Pages:« Prev12