Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1823

26 March 2012

1823 – First Presbyterian Church, Moneymore, Co. Derry

Architect: Jessie Gibson Jessie Gibson was employed as surveyor by three City of London companies, the Saddlers’, the Drapers’ and the Vintners’. It was as surveyor to the Draper’s Company, a post which...

23 March 2012

1823 – Ormeau House, Co. Down

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison A long rambling Tudor mansion designed for the 2nd Marquess of Donegall on the then outskirts of Belfast, who was in exile from his creditors in England. Originally a...

19 March 2012

1823 – Mitchelstown Castle, Mitchelstown, Co. Cork

Architect: James Pain & George Pain In 1823, after his succession to his title, George, 3rd Earl of Kingston, demolished the previous Palladian house and replaced it with a new castle designed by...

22 November 2011

1790 – Daly’s Club House, College Green, Dublin

Architect: Francis Johnston Elevation of Daly’s Club House, College Green, 1823 Wide Street Commission Map 445/2. Part of the facade still remains. Daly’s Club House, was a gentlemen’s club and a centre of...

28 January 2010

1823 – St Andrew’s Church of Ireland, Lucan, Co. Dublin

A prominently sited church which acts as a landmark in the village. According to Edward McParland, in James Gandon: Vitruvius Hibernicus (1985), St. Andrew’s may have been based on a design by James...

02 September 2009

1823 – Melville Monument, Edinburgh

Architect: William Burn Built in 1823, the Melville Monument is a 41 metre high tribute to Henry Dundas, Viscount Melville. Described as the most powerful scot of his time and described as “absolute...