Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1827

25 March 2014

1827 – Presbyterian Church, Ballykelly, Co. Derry

Architect: Richard Suter Constructed by the Fishmongers Company London who owned the land around Ballykelly for the local populace after they discovered the poor condition of the existing church. Richard Suter was Surveyor...

13 July 2013

1827 – New Whitechurch, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Semple In 1827, a new parish church, officially titled ‘New Whitechurch’, was consecrated, blessed and opened for public worship by the Archbishop of Dublin. The church’s architect was John Semple, the...

02 May 2013

1827 – St Mary’s Church of Ireland, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: Richard Richards / Rawson Carroll Designed by Richard Richards, an architect and builder from Roscommon, to the usual Board of First Fruits plan. Richards was responsible for several Church of Ireland buildings...

27 October 2011

1827 – Kenure House, Rush, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Papworth Rebuilt in 1827 on the site of an earlier house, destroyed by fire. In 1964 the contents of Kenure House were auctioned, and the estate, which was also known as...

10 June 2010

1827 – Carmelite Church, Aungier Street, Dublin

A large complex of buildings incorporating the church and friary as well as a modern community centre by Shay Cleary Architects. The church is entered by the doorway flanked by two statutes, through...

19 February 2010

1827 – Mercy International Centre, Baggot Street, Dublin

Architect: John B. Keane In 1824, with the blessing of Dublin’s Archbishop Daniel Murray, Catherine McAuley bought land on Lower Baggot Street, and built a home for unemployed girls, homeless children and the...

07 January 2010

1827 – Presbyterian Church, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Austin Nicholls Unusually built in a Gothic Revival style (Presbyterians tended to favour classical designs at this time), and like most public buildings and churches in Drogheda, it is faced with limestone...

11 November 2009

1827 – St Munchin’s Church of Ireland, Limerick

Architect: James Pain Built in 1827 on the site of the original St Munchin’s church replacing a medieval church. It was renovated by the Civic Trust in 1980 and it is now used...

28 September 2009

1827 – Beresford Row, The Mall, Armagh, Co. Armagh

A fine stone terrace overlooking the leafy Mall which was once the fashionable centre of Armagh. In the centre of a longer terrace, these two houses feature a novel approach to entry to...

Pages:12Next »