Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


13 February 2015

1827 – Meetinghouse, Fisherwick Place, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Thomas Duff Opened 20 Sep 1827. Demolished to make way for Presbyterian Assembly building. Described in The Dublin Penny Journal, Views in Belfast (1833), as “Erected in the year 1827-28, is built...

13 February 2015

1828 – Presbyterian Meetinghouse, May Street, Belfast

Architect: William Smith Described in The Dublin Penny Journal, Views in Belfast (1833), as “Is raised on framed foundations. The front is of modern or Scammozzian Ionic, having two columns and four pilasters,...

08 October 2013

1828 – Governor Walker’s Monument, Derry

Architect: John Henry The former Walker’s Pillar was a memorial to Rev. George Walker, the rector of Donaghmore, Co. Tyrone, who came to Derry prior to the Siege of 1688-89. He was quickly...

29 August 2013

1828 – University Club House, Pall Mall, London

Architect: William Wilkins The University Club House, were at 1, Suffolk Street, London, at a corner with Pall Mall near the north-west corner of Trafalgar Square. Designed by the neo-classical architect William Wilkins...

29 October 2012

1828 – Clarina Castle, Clarina. Co. Limerick

Architect: James Pain & George Pain Also known as Elm Park. Designed by the Pains, for 3rd Baron Clarina, in the late 1820s with further work by Rawson Carroll in the 1880s. Demolished...

03 May 2012

1828 – Uncompleted Design for St Nicholas of Myra, Dublin

Architect: John Leeson Uncompleted design for St Nicholas of Myra on Francis Street in Dublin. Different from what was completed by John Bourke in 1858, with a full width pediment, and three-stage tower...

02 February 2012

1828 – Lambton Castle, Durham

Architect: Joseph Bonomi the Elder & Ignatius Bonomi Largely constructed in its present form in the early 19th century by John George Lambton, first Earl of Durham and one-time Governor General of Canada,...

02 February 2012

1828 – Wynyard Park, Durham

Architect: Philip Wyatt Wynyard Park was the family seat of the Vane-Tempest-Stewart family, Marquesses of Londonderry, an Anglo-Irish aristocratic dynasty, but it was sold in the 1980s. The mansion was started by Benjamin...

30 June 2010

1828 – Wolfe and Montcalm Obelisk, Quebec

Architect: John Phillips The Wolfe-Montcalm Monument is an obelisk more than 20 m in height. It was unveiled in 1828 in memory of the generals on both sides who died during the famous...

Pages:12Next »