Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1829

22 January 2014

1829 – Old Courthouse, London, Ontario

Architect: John Ewart Constructed as Middlesex County Court House with castle-like features and Gothic details. It was designed by architect John Ewart and was constructed in 1827-29. The Middlesex County Court House was...

23 April 2013

1829 – St. Maelruain’s Church of Ireland, Tallaght, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Semple A new church, constructed in 1829, using the fabric of an earlier church, and re-using a medieval tower as a belfry. Prior to 1829, St Maelruain’s church was built up...

28 November 2012

1829 – Drum Manor, Kildress, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William Hastings Rebuilt in 1829 by Major Richardson Brady in a heavily symmetrical and very flat “Regency Baronial” style. Later extended and romanticised by William Hastings who added a four storey tower,...

26 October 2012

1829 – Blackrock Castle, Co. Cork

Architect: James Pain Blackrock Castle was in the ownership of the City of Cork following a charter of James I to the City in 1608. The castle is later referred to in the...

14 October 2012

1829 – Drumbanagher House, Poyntzpass, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Playfair Drumbanagher House was a very large, Italianate mansion by William Playfair built for Lieutenant-Colonel Maxwell Close, who was the brother-in-law of 1st Lord Lurgan. Described as being “one of his...

04 February 2010

1829 – Dublin Steam Packet Building, Eden Quay, Dublin

A fine terrace of houses with original Wide Street Commissioner shopfronts at ground level, this building remains in good condition although minus its original glazing pattern. Similar shopfronts can be seen on this...

20 January 2010

1829 – Heuston Bridge, Dublin

Architect: George Papworth Once virtually unused since the opening of a new bridge beside it to cope with the heavy traffic, and now dedicated as a bridge for the Light Rail, Heuston Bridge...

07 January 2010

1829 – Former Franciscan Church, Drogheda, Co. Louth

No trace of the medieval Franciscan Friary of Drogheda survives. In 1798 the Franciscans moved to the present site in Laurence Street. In 1829 work began on a new church, which was opened...

06 January 2010

1829 – Former Catholic Church, Ardee, Co. Louth

Now a furniture store, the former Catholic church is a simple structure with few architectural pretensions. It was one of the earliest churches to be completed in the post- Emancipation period.

Pages:12Next »