Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1832

01 March 2014

1832 – St. John’s Church of Ireland, Moneymore, Co. Derry

Architect: William J. Booth / J.H. Fullerton Designed in a Norman revival style by the architect William Booth for The Drapers Company who also paid for much of the renovation and construction of...

14 March 2013

1832 – Saint George’s Church, Kenagh, Co. Longford

Architect: William Farrell The original church was erected at expense of Jane, Dowager Countess of Rosse – believed to be around £2,000. The church is a single-cell church with shallow projections on each...

09 March 2013

1832 – Old School, Borris, Co. Carlow

Architect: Eccentric design with unusual tower, with Tudor Revival touches for a catholic school. The Old School closed in 1980 and has been used by different community groups since. The building is inscribed...

09 March 2013

1832 – Royal Arcade, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: John Dobson A fine shopping arcade constructed in the early 1830s. Designed by Newcastle architect John Dobson (1787-1865), and built by Newcastle developer Richard Grainger (1797-1861). Demolished in the 1960s.

18 February 2013

1832 – Gresham Hotel, O’Connell St., Dublin

Architect: George Papworth In 1817 Thomas Gresham purchased 21-22 Sackville Street and commenced business there as a hotel. After starting life as a foundling child, abandoned on the steps of the Royal Exchange...

09 July 2010

1832 – Houses, Dame Street, Dublin

Elevation of Houses to be erected on Dame Street (northside) between Crow and Fownes Streets.

01 July 2010

1832 – St. Francis Xavier, Gardiner Street, Dublin

Architect: John B. Keane A fine classical temple by John B. Keane although the parish website says “The High Altar….was designed and assembled in Rome by Fr. B. Esmonde…who with Mr John B....

22 January 2010

1832 – St. Laurence’s Church of Ireland, Chapelizod, Co. Dublin

Built in 1832, the little church has a much older tower, dating from the fourteenth century, that was remodelled in 1859.

13 January 2010

1832 – Hohenschwangau, Bavaria

Architects: Domenico Quaglio, George Friedrich Ziebland, Joseph Daniel Ohlmüller A fortified castle stood on this site from the middle ages but was destroyed during the Tyrolean War. In 1832, the heir to the...

Pages:12Next »