Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1833

15 April 2013

1833 – St Brigid’s Psychiatric Hospital, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

Architect: William Murray / James F. Kempster Formerly known as Ballinasloe District Asylum. Originally designed by William Murray, as a “1st class” asylum with accommodation for 150 patients. Later extended by James F....

09 March 2013

1833 – Cathedral of the Assumption, Carlow, Co. Carlow

Architect: Thomas A. Cobden The construction of Carlow Cathedral started in 1826 under the supervision of the architect Joseph Lynch who was succeeded by the architect Thomas Cobden in 1829 who changed the...

05 February 2010

1833 – Original Entrance, Dublin Zoo, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: William Deane Butler There have been three turnstile entrances to the Zoo grounds. This, the earliest of them, is a quaint little cottage ornee with thatched roof.

05 February 2010

1833 – Chapelizod Gate Lodge, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: Decimus Burton Possibly the finest building in the park, the wonderful example of a classically designed residence was built on an axis with the Hibernian Military School (St Mary’s Hospital) in 1836....

30 January 2010

1833 – Paulskirche, Frankfurt

Started in 1786 but not finished until 1833 because of war with France, Paulskirche is no longer a church. It was the site of the first German National Assembly in 1848 and it...

15 September 2009

1833 – Merchant’s Exchange, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Architect: William Strickland Designed by rising architect William Strickland. He was the architect of the steeple on Independence Hall, the U.S. Naval Asylum, and the U.S. Mint. From 1828 to 1833, Strickland designed...

02 September 2009

1833 – St Giles Cathedral, Edinburgh

St Giles’ Cathedral, the High Kirk of Edinburgh, with its distinctive open crown steeple supported by eight flying buttresses mainly dates from the fifteenth century. Between 1829 and 1833 the building was “modernised”...

28 March 2009

1833 – Design for Carlton Club, London

Architect: Charles Robert Cockerell The Carlton Club on Pall Mall in London had invited various architects, including Pugin, Wyatt, Barry, and Decimus Burton to design a new clubhouse. Cockerell declined the opportunity to...