Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1834

21 November 2013

1834 – Church of the Immaculate Conception, Mitchelstown, Co. Cork

The church was built as part of the town planning scheme of George Kingston,the Earl of Kingston, on land donated by him in 1824. Described by Lewis as ‘a handsome cruciform edifice, in...

16 September 2013

1834 – Trinity Church, Catherine St., Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: Joseph Fogerty Built as a Church of Ireland chapel for a nearby Asylum for Blind Women. The money for construction was raised in Ireland and England by Rev. Edward Newenham Hoare. Now...

12 June 2013

1834 – St. Brigid’s Church, Raharney, Co. Westmeath

A simple T-plan catholic church constructed shortly after the Catholic Emancipation Act of 1829. Typical of many constructed at this time, renovated by William A. Scott in 1903.

14 May 2012

1834 – Crichton Royal Asylum, Dumfries, Scotland

Architect: William Burn Designed with two central octagonal towers from which wings for the patients extended, Burns work at Crichton was a very ambitious project that was ultimately not completed. Only one of...

26 March 2011

1834 – Courthouse, Carlow, Co. Carlow

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison Carlow Courthouse was designed by William Vitruvius Morrison in 1830,completed in 1834, and is considered one of his finest works. It is built of Carlow granite and gives the...

19 February 2010

1834 – Stable and Carriage Block, Dublin Castle

Architect: Jacob Owen Now converted into a exhibition and event space, this castellated structure originally houses the State Carriage and other carriages.

17 February 2010

1834 – St Nicholas of Myra, Francis Street, Dublin

Architect: John Leeson / John Bourke Built between 1829-34 by John Leeson with later work by John Bourke in 1858, St Nicholas is the only church in the city to preserve its two...

06 January 2010

1834 – Former Louth Hospital, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Thomas Smith Designed by English architect Thomas Smith who came to work in County Louth in the early to mid 19th century. Now in use as extra accommodation for the nearby Grammar...

13 November 2009

1834 – Franciscan Friary Church, Waterford

Architect: Terence O’Reilly An imposing church in the Classical style, which dominates the streetscapes of both narrow lanes on to which it is sited. The soaring tower also serves to identify the church...

Pages:12Next »