Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1835

14 November 2013

1835 – St. Brigid’s Church, The Rocks, Sydney, Australia

Situated in Sydney’s historic Rocks precinct, St Brigid’s is the oldest surviving place of Catholic worship in Australia. Governor Richard Bourke approved the site and building plan in 1833: “for a Roman Catholic...

22 April 2010

1835 – Upper Fort Garry Gate, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Upper Fort Garry was the last of five forts, known to have been built in this general vicinity. The other forts included: Fort Rouge (circa 1736), Fort Gibraltar (circa 1806), Fort Douglas (circa...

08 April 2010

1835 – Arbour Hill Prison, Dublin

Architect: Jacob Owen, Joshua Webb, Richard Cuming The smallest of Dublin’s Victorian prisons, Arbour Hill Prison was originally designed in 1835 by Jacob Owen and later rebuilt in 1845 by Sir Joshua Webb...

19 January 2010

1835 – Courthouse, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: John B. Keane Burnt out in 1922, the Courthouse was rebuilt and also re-modelled in 1925 with the addition of external windows, and the removal of the statue of Justice over the...

09 December 2009

1835 – Dromoland Castle, Co. Clare

Architect: James & George Pain Work began around 1822 and cost about 50,000 to complete. The Pain brothers submitted some classical designs but their client Edward O’Brien, 4th Baronet Inchiquin, chose their neo-gothic...

10 November 2009

1835 – Tralee Courthouse, Co. Kerry

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison Tralee Court house was designed by William Vitruvius Morrison and built in 1835. A austere building set above the street and acessed by a large flight of steps, the...

06 November 2009

1835 – Courthouse, Cork

Architect: George Pain / W.H. Hill Originally designed by the Pains in 1835, though built by the Deane family of architects. The interior was destroyed by a fire in 1891 and subsequently redesigned...

29 September 2009

1835 – Hilton Park Dovecote, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: James Jones An interesting feature of the Hilton estate is the vast tower over a gateway into the farm yard to the rear of the house. This dovecote with its medieval appearance...

07 September 2009

1835 – Courthouse, Berrima, New South Wales

Architect: Mortimer Lewis The facade consists of four Doric columns with classic Greek bases and capitals. Above is a stone architrave of three courses, the topmost of which protrudes to form the base...

Pages:12Next »