Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1836

20 February 2014

1836 – Johnstown Castle, Co. Wexford

Architect: Daniel Robertson The estate has been home to two prominent Wexford families. The first owners were the Esmondes; a Norman family who settled in the county in the 1170s. They constructed the...

10 March 2013

1836 – Costessey Hall, Norfolk

Architect: J.C. Buckler Between 1826 to 1836, J. C. Buckler built a Gothic castle for Lord Stafford which was several times larger than the original Tudor hall nearby, with many towers and mock-Tudor...

13 January 2013

1836 – Bank of Ireland, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

Large branch bank for Bank of Ireland with outbuildings and living accommodation. Still in use today with extensions to the banking hall from the 1920s. Source: Album of surveys of all the branches...

27 November 2012

1836 – Mount Leinster Lodge, Co. Carlow

Architect: Daniel Robertson Detached four-bay two-storey Tudor Revival house with half-dormer attic, c. 1840, on an asymmetrical plan with granite ashlar façade having carved stone dressings including mullioned bay and oriel windows and...

02 May 2011

1836 – Thomond Bridge, Limerick

Architect: James & George Pain The current seven-arch bridge was built in 1836, replacing the earlier bridge which was also alongside King John’s Castle. The architect James Pain had surveyed the earlier medieval...

11 December 2009

1836 – Custom House, Montreal, Quebec

Architect: John Ostell The old Custom House (now part of Pointe-a-Callière, the Montréal Museum of Archaeology and History) was built in 1836, to keep pace with the expanding port. Goods could pass through...

25 November 2009

1836 – Arc de Triomphe, Paris

Architect: Jean François Thérèse Chalgrin 50 metres high and 45 metres wide, the Arc de Triomphe sits at the junction of twelve streets as a monument to the glory of the French Army....

06 November 2009

1836 – St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, Cork

Architect: George Pain An excellent classical portico supported by six Corinthian columns, all topped by a campanile, makes this one of Cork’s finest classical buildings. The campanile is a cruciform tempietto supporting a...

29 September 2009

1836 – St Patrick’s Church of Ireland, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Farrell Next to the Courthouse is St Patrick’s Church of Ireland – a fine building with aneedle spire, tall lancet windows and pinnacles along its length. According to reports of the...

Pages:12Next »