Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1837

06 June 2013

1837 – Glena Cottage, Killarney, Co. Kerry

Cottage ornée originally built by Lady Kenmare for the use of friends and visitors to the Lakes. Queen Victoria had lunch here during her 1861 visit to Killarney. Destroyed by fire in 1922....

10 November 2012

1837 – Castle Upton, Templepatrick, Co. Antrim

Architect: Edward Blore Blore was reponsible for alterations and enlarging of House for 1st Lord Templetown in 1836-37. There is a fine mausoleum by Robert Adam in the graveyard from 1789. in the...

17 October 2012

1837 – Narrow Water Castle, Warrenpoint, Co. Down

Architect: Thomas Duff A large and imposing Tudor-Revival mansion of about 1836, by Thomas Duff of Newry. Added to an existing house, Mount Hall, which was built in the 1680s. Mount Hall was...

29 September 2012

1837 – Tandragee Castle, Tanderagee, Co. Armagh

Country houses become hotels and guest houses, this one became a crisp factory. Built around 1837 for the 6th Duke of Manchester as the family’s Irish home.The castle has a strong tower at...

09 April 2012

1837 – Mont de Piété, Limerick

Architect: William O’Hara Designed as a pawn service for the poor of Limerick by Matthew Barrington, who also founded the hospital alongside, many details of this building are uncertain. It is assumed that...

22 November 2011

1837 – Proposed Railway Colonnade, Dublin

Architect: Charles Vignoles Originally published as “Outline Plan of Dublin exhibiting the course of the proposed Railway Colonnade Through the City for connecting the General Terminus of the Railways from the South and...

25 January 2010

1837 – St Paul’s Church, Arran Quay, Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne St Paul’s dates from 1835-37, was designed by Patrick Byrne, and is one of the most prominent buildings on the city quays. Patrick Byrne was a prominent church architect of...

19 January 2010

1837 – Kilkenny Castle, Co. Kilkenny

Kilkenny Castle has been an important site since Strongbow constructed the first building here, a wooden tower in the 12th century. William the Earl Marshall built the first stone castle on the site...

28 September 2009

1837 – Scotch Church, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Murray A simple church with a plain and shallow Palladian façade with a central doorway. The interior features a curving carved balcony. Fine ironwork gates and piers.