Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1839

26 March 2013

1839 – Former Bank, 1 Mallow Street, Limerick

Architect: James Pain Former branch of the Provincial Bank of Ireland, which later after a series of mergers became AIB. Fine stone facade of five bays with symmetrical treatment of the entrances to...

17 September 2012

1839 – Bethesda Chapel, Granby Row, Dublin

Architect: Frederick Darley Erected around 1839 as the Protestant Bethesda Chapel to replace an earlier one of 1789. The squat building was fronted by a simple, classical portico with two Ionic columns. Tall,...

08 April 2010

1839 – FBC, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: George Papworth A small christian church with very few architectural pretensions except for its main façade. The side elevation is plain in the extreme with round headed windows with little to relieve...

08 April 2010

1839 – Permanent TSB, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Isaac Farrell The original interior long vanished, this fine small bank originally built for the Trustee Savings Bank is still in use today. Flanked by two cut stone archways, the main façade...

11 November 2009

1839 – Permanent TSB Bank, Limerick

Architect: W.H. Owen / Sir Thomas Newenham Deane Originally built as the Cork and Limerick Savings Bank; now after a series of bank amalgamations, the Permanent TSB Bank. This is one of the...

11 November 2009

1839 – Tontine Terrace, Pery Square, Limerick

Architect: James Pain This terrace in Pery Square was built in 1838, and is one of the finest example of Georgian architecture in the city. It is the only terrace in the city...

06 November 2009

1839 – Savings Bank, Cork

Architects: Kearns Deane The result of an architectural competition held in 1839, the former Cork Savings Bank (now part of Trustee Savings Bank) was designed by the firm of Thomas and Kearns Deane...