Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


12 October 2012

1840 – Castle Saunderson, Belturbet, Co. Cavan

Castle Saunderson is a large castellated mansion in a Tudor-Revival style. The majority of the structure dates from 1840, architect unknown, but it was added onto an earlier house creating an unusual appearance...

20 March 2012

1840 – Castleboro, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford

Architect: Daniel Robertson Castleboro was a very large, imposing classical mansion built about 1840 for the 1st Baron Carew. The grand central block of the building presented the appearance of a Venetian Palace,...

11 August 2011

1840 – St. James Church, Croydon, Surrey

Architect: Charles Henman Perspective view including ground plan of new Chancel Vestry & Organ Chamber. Now converted for living accommodation. “The Church of St. James’s, Croydon Common, was erected about forty years since....

28 November 2010

1840 – Northland House, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone

Northland House was a three-storey, irregular classical mansion, dating in its final form from around 1840. Also known at times as Northland Park and Dungannon Park. Robert Woodgate is believed to have designed...

19 February 2010

1908 – Facade of Presbyterian Church, Adelaide Road, Dublin

Architect: H.J. Lundy Although the architect of the building is unknown, it is known that the dramatic façade was designed by H.J. Lundy in 1908. Unfortunately that is all that remains of this...

05 February 2010

1840 – Islandbridge Gate Lodge, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: Jacob Owen Another fine gatelodge to the park, complete with ornate metal revolving pedestrian gate by J. & C. McGloughlin and unusual octagonal piers. The house is in a Tudo cottage orné...

28 January 2010

1840 – St Lawrence House, Howth, Co. Dublin

A fine house later converted into a small hotel and much extended. After closure, most of the extensions were demolished and redeveloped as an apartment complex.

28 January 2010

1840 – Skerries Mill, Co. Dublin

Water mill, from about 1840, comprising of multiple-bay two-storey roughly dressed rubble stone buildings with mill pond, mill-race, sluice gates and waterwheel.

08 January 2010

1840 – St. Mary’s Church, Maynooth, Co. Kildare

Work stated in 1834 on a new parish church for Maynooth and in 1840 the new parish church of St. Mary’s was consecrated. The Freeman’s journal described the ‘beautiful edifice… of the purest...