Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1842

24 April 2013

1842 – St. Matthias’s Church, Hatch St., Dublin

Architect: Daniel Robertson Part of a proposed development called Wellington Square, St. Matthias’s Church was the only Irish church designed by Daniel Robertson. Robertson was better known in Ireland for his country houses...

22 January 2013

1842 – St. Patrick’s Church. Forster St., Galway

No longer in use as a parish church, a newer building has been constructed in the grounds alongside. The outline of the building is now much simplified, the ornate and unusual tower has...

05 November 2012

1842 – Seafield, Co. Sligo

Architect: George Papworth Also known as Lisheen, and now almost completely ruined. Reputed to be haunted, the house was abandoned in the 1920s after repeated attempts to rid the house of its presence...

19 July 2012

1842 – Roxborough Castle, Moy, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William Murray / William Barre Seat of the Earls of Charlemont, and originally built in the 18th Century but heavily remodeled by the second Earl in 1842, his architect being William Murray....

10 August 2010

1842 – Federal Hall National Memorial, New York

Architect: Ithiel Town,Alexander Jackson Davis, John Frazee Federal Hall National Memorial on Wall Street was built in 1842 as the New York Customs House, on the site of the old Federal Hall. It...

05 February 2010

1842 – Garda Headquarters, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: Jacob Owen In 1836 the old County or Provincial Constabulary forces of Ireland were merged in a new centralised Constabulary of Ireland. The Phoenix Park in Dublin was chosen as the most...

28 January 2010

1842 – Royal St. George Yacht Club, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany / George Papworth A fine facade dominated by classical columns in a design of pedimented pavilions – designed over a period of some years and by two different architects....

05 November 2009

1842 – Former Methodist Church, Bantry, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Lee Builder: J. Murphy, Bantry.

01 March 2009

1842 – Central Infants Model School, Marlborough Street, Dublin

Architect: Jacob Owen Small classical pavilion built between the two more substantial buildings of the Department of Education – the former Tyrone House and its later duplicate. Destroyed by fire in 1982 and...