Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1843

18 March 2013

1843 – St. Patrick’s Church, Clonevan, Co. Wexford

Architect: Frederick Darley St. Patrick’s Church at Clonevan (also spelt Clonevin) is in the Church of Ireland parish of Ardamine, County Wexford in the Diocese of Cashel and Ossory. The church was erected...

15 August 2012

1843 – St. John the Evangelist Church, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

Architect: Joseph Welland Erected in 1840 on top of a Norman motte. Designed by the architect Joseph Welland with a fine pinnacled tower. Destroyed by fire in 1899, but restored shortly afterwards.

05 April 2012

1843 – Conciliation Hall, Burgh Quay, Dublin

Architect: Peter Martin / W.H. Byrne The Conciliation Hall built as a meeting place for Daniel O’Connell’s Loyal National Repeal Association. In 1897, it was rebuilt as a concert hall by W.H. Byrne...

24 March 2012

1843 – Mount Annville, Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany / William Dargan Probably initially design by Dargan for himself with work also by John Skipton Mulvany. After Dargan sold the house in 1863, it became a convent and...

14 February 2012

1843 – Glasgow Royal Asylum, Gartnavel, Scotland

Architect: Charles Wilson An unusual design in Tudor Gothic, built in 1842-43, with the chapel completed in 1904. Initially built to hold 420 patients and later extended. Each range was U-shaped with the...

12 January 2012

1843 – New County Prison, Philadelphia

Architect: “Prison de Comte a Philadelphie” (demolished in 1968) published in a volume of L’Univers, Paris, about 1843.

06 July 2010

1843 – St. Andrew’s Church, Westland Row, Dublin

Architect: James Bolger After a tragic accident where masonry collapsed into a makeshift chapel, there was a groundswell of opinion towards the Catholics building new churches in Dublin. A site was procured in...

19 February 2010

1843 – Former Methodist Centenary Church, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Isaac Farrell Previously the congregation was based in Whitefriar St., but it was leased. After applying for a renewal, the congregation was informed that a new lease on the property had been...

24 November 2009

1843 – Palais de Justice, Tours, Indre-et-Loire, France

The Palais de Justice is one of two important buildings on the semicircular Place Jean Jaurès – the other is the Hôtel de Ville designed by Victor Laloux. This Beaux Arts influenced building...

Pages:12Next »