Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1844

28 October 2013

1844 – Royal Exchange, London

Architect: William Tite & Edward I’Anson The Royal Exchange in London was founded in the 16th century by the merchant Thomas Gresham to act as a centre of commerce for the City of...

11 October 2013

1844 – St. Patrick’s Church, Church Hill, Sydney, Australia

Architect: John Frederick Hilly The plans for St Patrick’s may have been loosely modelled on St Anthony’s Church of 1833 in Liverpool, and were originally drawn by William Fernyhough, a Sydney draughtsman. Unfortunately...

27 August 2013

1844 – Design for Market House, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Deane Butler Design for Market House for Clones. Largely built as illustrated minus the small tower over the main facade. In use for many years as a library with its ground...

10 February 2010

1844 – Wilton Terrace, Wilton Place, Dublin

The remaining terrace of the houses built to form Wilton Place in 1844. These are the original Nos. 1-6. The remainder were demolished for an apartment block. Other fine houses were demolished for...

21 January 2010

1844 – Courthouse, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Fine small stone courthouse with courtroom lit by three round-headed windows.

31 December 2009

1844 – Bridge, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: Thomas Rhodes The present ford bridge was built by Thomas Rhodes, a cousin of the famous Cecil Rhodes, to replace an earlier bridge constructed in the 16th century. Originally the bridge had...

11 December 2009

1844 – St. James’ Cathedral, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: Frederick Cumberland The Cathedral Church of St. James in Toronto is the oldest congregation in the city. Established in 1797, the current structure was completed in 1844 and was one of the...

11 December 2009

1844 – Osgoode Hall, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: John Ewart / Henry Bower Lane / Frederick Cumberland & William G. Storm The original two and a half storey building was started in 1829 and finished in 1832 from a design...

11 November 2009

1844 – St Michael’s Church of Ireland, Limerick

Architect: James Pain / William Fogerty Prior to the construction of this fine Gothic church, there was an earlier Georgian church constructed with the development of Newtown Pery (the Georgian area of Limerick)....

Pages:12Next »