Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1845

14 March 2014

1845 – Glendinning Monument, Westport, Co. Mayo

Architect: Charles William Papworth Erected as a testimonial to George Glendenning JP (1770-1843), Agent of the Bank of Ireland (appointed 1826). Substantially damaged during “The Troubles” (1919-23) by Free State troops billeted in...

14 March 2014

1845 – Wells House, Gorey, Co. Wexford

Architect: Daniel Robertson Tudor Gothic remodelling of house, and landscape scheme, in progress during the period 1835-45 for the Doyne family. The earlier house, originally built in the late 1600s, had been used...

10 January 2014

1845 – Old Customs House, Sydney, Australia

Architect: Mortimer Lewis, James Barnet, Walter L. Vernon The original two-storey Georgian structure was designed by Mortimer Lewis and featured 13 large and expensive windows in the facade to afford a clear view...

15 November 2013

1845 – Government House, Sydney, Australia

Architect: Edward Blore / Mortimer Lewis The Governor of the colony of New South Wales was the British monarch’s representative and it was considered fitting that a grand residence be built to reflect...

14 November 2013

1845 – Christ Church St Laurence, Sydney, Australia

The atmospheric interior of Christ Church has developed and changed over the years since consecration in 1845. It remains a work in progress with numerous architects contributing, most notably colonial architect Edmund Blacket...

11 November 2013

1845 – Board of Trade, Treasury Buildings, Whitehall, London

Architect: Charles Barry In 1824 plans by Sir John Soane were approved for a new building, to accommodate the Board of Trade and the Privy Council Office, with a frontage to Whitehall extending...

27 February 2013

1845 – Leamy House, Upper Hartstonge St., Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: William Atkins Selected after an architectural competition, Atkins’s designs for the former Leamy School are in a Tudor Revival style with a central crenellated tower.

28 August 2012

1845 – St. John the Baptist, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne The church of St. John the Baptist was designed by Patrick Byrne in 1842 following a plan by A.W.N. Pugin which was published in the Dublin Review. The initial building...

12 December 2011

1845 – Ulster Institution for the Deaf and Dumb, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Charles Lanyon A school for the education of the Deaf, Dumb, and Blind, designed by Charles Lanyon in an Elizabethan style. Costing £8,000, it opened to pupils in 1845 and was demolished...

Pages:12Next »