Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1845

12 December 2011

1845 – Ulster Institution for the Deaf and Dumb, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Charles Lanyon A school for the education of the Deaf, Dumb, and Blind, designed by Charles Lanyon in an Elizabethan style. Costing £8,000, it opened to pupils in 1845 and was demolished...

28 November 2011

1845 – Clontarf Railway Bridge, Dublin

A fine stone double-arched bridge under the railway embankment.

29 January 2010

1846 – St Matthauskirche, Berlin

Architect: Friedrich August Stüler Surrounded by the modern buildings of the Kulturforum, St Matthauskirche escaped the wholesale demolition of the area by Albert Speer as he pursued his plan for Germania. It was...

28 January 2010

1845 – Old Courthouse, Howth, Co. Dublin

Detached four-bay single-storey former place of worship, c.1845, with projecting entrance porch to west gable. In use as courthouse to 1970, now in use as offices. Notice inside states that the building was...

21 January 2010

1845 – Church of The Navity, Chapelizod, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Bourke Built in 1845 and only costing £2,500, Chapelizod Church is an auster gothic building over a lofty crypt to raise it above the flood plain of the river Liffey which...

19 January 2010

1245 – St. Francis Abbey, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

The Franciscans came to Ireland in around 1226, and St Francis’s Abbey was founded sometime between 1231 April 1234. The first definite date for the abbey is October 15, 1245, when it received...

06 January 2010

1845 – No.16 Park Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: George Halpin / Millar & Symes Designed for the Bank of Ireland by George Halpin, this building was remodelled for Millar and Symes in the first part of the twentieth century. Banded...

11 December 2009

1845 – Former Commercial Bank of Midland, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: William Thomas Dismantled, moved from its original site, and reassembled to front a modern office building placed in the weird surroundings of Santiago Calatrava’s Galleria at BCE Place. The former Commercial Bank...

Pages:« Prev12