Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1846

01 April 2014

1846 – Railway Station, Newbridge, Co. Kildare

Newbridge Railway Station was opened in 1846 by the Great Southern and Western Railway line reached the town. Newbridge was then an important military centre, having its own cavalry barracks and being less...

25 March 2014

1846 – Assembly Rooms, Moneymore, Co. Derry

Architect: William J. Booth Constructed as the Parochial Sunday School by Booth for the Draper’s Company estates. The war memorial is attached to the side wall of the building, and contains the names...

31 January 2014

1846 – Castle Buildings, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Corner of Castle Place and Donegall Place – a three storey stucco building with round headed windows. Also known as Gibsons Corner, it was the first commercial development on Donegall Place which had...

01 March 2013

1846 – Old County Gaol, Wexford, Co. Wexford

The most striking element of the Old County Gaol is the curiously flat almost cardboard cut outcut-like entrance constructed in 1846. It is built of random squared rubble red sandstone and capped by...

16 April 2012

1846 – Design for Royal College of St. Patrick, Maynooth, Co. Kildare

Architect: Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin “A general prospect of the Royal College of St Patrick, Maynooth and the proposed additions”. Pugin’s scheme for St. Patrick’s Seminary as designed, but ultimately not completed by...

29 March 2012

1846 – Platt Church, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Edmund Sharpe The architect’s second “pot church”, so-called because the main building material used in the construction of the church is terracotta. Terracotta is used as the facing material for both the...

23 September 2010

1846 – Connolly Station, Amiens Street, Dublin

Architect: William Deane Butler & Iarnr√≥d √Čireann Architects Originally constructed for the Drogheda and Dublin Railway Company, this was the first of the four major Dublin Railway termini to be constructed. Still in...

11 August 2010

1846 – Engine Shed, Irish Rail Works, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: Sancton Wood Inchicore Works is the headquarters for Mechanical Engineering and Rolling Stock maintenance in Irish Rail. Established in 1846, it is the largest engineering complex of its kind in Ireland with...

10 August 2010

1846 – Trinity Church, Wall Street, New York

Architect: Richard Upjohn Designed by American Institute of Architects co-founder Richard Upjohn, it is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This church building is one of the first and finest...

Pages:123Next »