Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1846

09 June 2010

1846 – St Audoen’s, High Street, Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne, G.C. Ashlin Site beside the much older and similarly named Church of Ireland, St Audoen’s Church was built between 1841-1846 and designed by Patrick Byrne (responsible for other churches in...

02 February 2010

1846 – Heuston Station, Dublin

Architect: Sancton Wood / Sir John MacNeill Formerly Kingsbridge Station and another of Dublin’s four railway termini, Heuston Station was commissioned in 1846 from Sancton Wood, an English architect. Easily the most impressive...

28 January 2010

1846 – Railway Station, Sutton, Co. Dublin

A small railway station on the branch line from the main Belfast-Dublin line to Howth. A very simple platform with a cantilevered canopy featuring decorative roundels with the intertwined initials of the Great...

22 January 2010

1846 – Railway Station, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin

A handsome Tudor Revival station building, typical of mid nineteenth-century railway architecture, and similar to the former Hazelhatch and Celbridge Station. Described in The Irish Railway Gazette of 20 July 1846 as “The...

30 November 2009

1850 – New Stables, Dartrey, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Burn The Dartrey New Stables are a purpose built stable block with enclosed cobble yard from the early nineteenth century to designs of William Burn who designed the now demolished Dartrey...

11 November 2009

1840 – Toll House, Limerick

Architect: James Pain This humourous Gothic Style folly with exaggerated crenellations was designed and built by the architect James Pain around 1840. James and his brother George were also responsible for the design...

02 October 2009

1846 – Teatro Nacional D. Maria II, Lisbon

Architect: Fortunato Lodi The theatre was built on the site of the old Estaus Palace, built around 1450 as a lodging for foreign dignitaries and noblemen visiting Lisbon. In the 16th century, when...

01 October 2009

1846 – St. Paul’s Cathedral, London, Ontario

Architect: William Thomas The seat of the Diocese of Huron of the Anglican Church of Canada, it was designed in the Gothic revival style by William Thomas and built between 1844 and 1846,...

29 September 2009

1846 – Dartrey, Rockcorry, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Burn Also known as Dawson Grove, Dartrey was built in 1846 and designed by William Burn as a large Elizabethan Revivial mansion to replace an earlier house on the site. Built...