Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1847

20 January 2014

1847 – Railway Station, Blanchardstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Demolished railway station constructed for the Midland Great Western Railway Company. Similar in design to station at Lucan North. Closed in 1934 and the site cleared by the constructed...

05 June 2013

1847 – St Peter’s & Paul Church, Monasterevin, Co. Kildare

Architect: William Deane Butler / William Hague Designed in 1846 by William Deane Butler, but never completed. The interiors were instead completed by William Hague circa 1880. The original intention was for twin...

04 May 2012

1847 – Presbyterian Church, Ormond Quay, Dublin

Architect: Edward P. Gribbon Fine church with a large window and twin towers on its main (and only) elevation to the street. Destroyed in a fire, leaving only the ground floor entrances intact....

13 April 2012

1847 – Portlaoise Railway Station, Co. Laois

Architect: Sancton Wood Originally a station on the Great Southern and Western Railway, Portlaoise Railway Station cost upwards of £5,000 to build. Designed by Sancton Wood and characteristically Gothic in style, it was...

06 January 2012

1847 – Design for County Court House, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Charles Lanyon Unbuilt design proposal for County Court House by Charles Lanyon. With its curved screen walls, it is extremely reminiscent of the former Parliament Building in Dublin. As it was the...

13 December 2011

1847 – The Eglinton Lunatic Asylum, Cork

Architect: William Atkins Originally designed as three separate ranges spectactularly sited overlooking the river Lee. Constructed between 1847 and 1852, the ranges were linked by low arcades which also linked a chapel and...

29 November 2011

1847 – Ardtully House, Kilgarvan, Co. Kerry

Architect: Ardtully House was constructed in 1847 by Sir Richard Orpen, a Dublin based solicitor whose family had connections to the area. Built on the site of the old Ardtully castle which was...

23 April 2011

1847 – Railway Station, Monasterevin, Co. Kildare

Architect: Sancton Wood Fine picturesque railway station for the Great Southern by Sancton Wood. Wood designed many of the stations on the line below Kildare and before Limerick.

07 July 2010

1847 – Lighthouse East Pier, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Halpin, This permanent lighthouse and dwelling was designed by Chief Engineer with the Ballast Board, George Halpin, with some later alterations by Jacob Owen. The cost of the granite tower was...

Pages:12Next »