Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1847

07 July 2010

1847 – Lighthouse East Pier, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Halpin, This permanent lighthouse and dwelling was designed by Chief Engineer with the Ballast Board, George Halpin, with some later alterations by Jacob Owen. The cost of the granite tower was...

05 June 2010

1848 – Unbuilt Design for St Peter’s & Paul Church, Monasterevin, Co. Kildare

Architect: William Deane Butler Uncompleted design for the Roman Catholic church of Monasterevin, the main front being constructed to the top of the nave.

19 January 2010

1847 – Old Railway Station, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Captain Moorsom & Sancton Wood Designed by Captain Moorsom and built a year later in a modified form by Sancton Wood, the architect of Heuston Station in Dublin, the old station is...

16 December 2009

1847 – Archbishop’s Residence, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Thomas Baillargé The construction of the Archbishop’s residence began in 1844 and was completed in 1847. It was built following the plans of architect Thomas Baillargé. In 1903, François-Xavier Berlinguet was put...

11 December 2009

1847 – Holy Trinity Church, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: Henry Bower Lane The Church of the Holy Trinity opened in 1847 following the gift of an anonymous donor (later revealed as Mary Lambert Swale of Settle, England). Mrs. Swale had stipulated...

29 September 2009

1847 – Widow’s Almshouses, Rockcorry, Co. Monaghan

A fine stone Georgian terrace of four houses with brick surrounds to the windows and doors. Constructed as almshouses for “destitute widows” by Joseph Griffiths.

02 September 2009

1847 – The Dome, Edinburgh

Architect: David Rhind Formerly a branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland, and now a bar, The Dome has a impressive sequence of interior spaces. A large hallway leads via a short passage...

Pages:« Prev12