Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1850

23 March 2014

1850 – Spectacle Bridge, Lisdoonvarna, Co. Clare

Architect: John Hill This unusual bridge spans a deep narrow gorge through which the Aille River flows. As it had to support the road at the top, a double arch forming a circular...

06 January 2014

1850 – Sailors’ Home, Liverpool

Architect: John Cunningham Liverpool Sailors’ Home, was designed to provide safe, inexpensive lodging for sailors, and to offer educational and recreational opportunities. It operated from 1850 to July 1969. The building was demolished...

17 October 2013

1850 – Royal Irish Yacht Club, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Constructed between 1847 and 1850, at a cost of around £4,000. From The Builder: “The Royal Irish Yacht Clubhouse, Kingstown, county Dublin, of which a view of the water...

02 October 2013

1850 – Garda Station, Bennetsbridge, Co. Kilkenny

Former Royal Irish Constabulary police station, now in use as a Garda Station. Unusual design with central house with round towers to the corners.

15 April 2013

1850 – University College Galway

Architect: John B. Keane Unusual university building, originally built as one of the Queen’s Colleges in Ireland, a fully enclosed quadrangle in a Gothick style. The quad is entered through an archway under...

09 March 2013

1850 – Railway Station, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow

Architect: Sancton Wood Wonderful symmetrical composition with a stationmaster’s house in the upper floor of the central building. His quarter have a small balcony over the ticket hall.The building suffers visually from the...

21 September 2012

1850 – Former Bank of Ireland, Church St., Portlaoise, Co. Laois

Architect: George Halpin Former bank branch for the Bank of Ireland. Probably a converted house, the building has a fine set of Victorian railings to the street. Still existing today, the building looks...

04 February 2012

1850c – Edward Butler, No.14 Bachelors Walk, Dublin

A nice traditional shopfront with elevated georgian front door. This is one of the few traditional shopfronts on Bachelors Walk. In 1850, this premises was the business of Lamprey & Co., plumbers and...

09 January 2012

1850 – County Court House, Crumlin Rd, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Charles Lanyon Final design proposal for County Court House by Charles Lanyon. The building was largely completed as illustrated but since extended by Young and Mackenzie in 1905. This wasn’t the original...

Pages:1234Next »