Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1850

18 January 2011

1850 – Bank, Northampton

Architect: E.F. Law Published in The Builder, march 30, 1850.

09 April 2010

1850 – Broadstone Railway Station, Constitution Hill, Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Broadstone harbour’s location was chosen for its proximity to the markets and the law courts. Bolton Street was the preferred site, but high land prices and objections from local...

05 February 2010

1850 – Criminal Lunatic Asylum, Dundrum, Co. Dublin

Architect: Jacob Owen & Frederick Clarendon

05 February 2010

1850 – Chapel, St Mary’s Hospital, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: Jacob Owen / E.T. Owen A small church in a Gothic Revival style originally by Jacob Owen. Later extended by E.T. Owen who added an extra bay and a bellcote to the...

01 February 2010

1850 – St John’s Church of Ireland, Sandymount, Dublin

Architect: Benjamin Ferrey Like St Bartholemew’s in Ballsbridge, this was commissioned by Sidney Herbert after whom nearby Sidney Parade is named. The architect here was the biographer of Pugin – Benjamin Ferrey. The...

28 January 2010

1850 – St Sylvester’s Church, Malahide, Co. Dublin

Architect: James Bolger An austere Gothic revival church with a fine spire and entrance doorway. The church spire was not added until 1901 by G.C. Ashlin and a poem called “The Church without...

31 December 2009

1850 – Railway Bridge, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: G.W. Hemans The bridge, which is 542 ft. long, was designed by G.W. Hemans, and built with an opening central span to accommodate the tall superstructures of sailing craft. It was built...

30 December 2009

1850 – Railway Station, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Built in the early 1850s by John Skipton Mulvany, the architect of the sublime Broadstone station in Dublin, the station was burned out during the Irish Civil War. This...

16 December 2009

1850 – Soeurs de la Charité de Québec Chapel, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Charles Baillairgé In 1850, the SÅ“urs de la Charité de Québec community asked Charles Baillairgé to carry out the architectural plans of a chapel. Though the chapel has been ravaged by fire...