Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1850

30 December 2009

1850 – Railway Station, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Built in the early 1850s by John Skipton Mulvany, the architect of the sublime Broadstone station in Dublin, the station was burned out during the Irish Civil War. This...

16 December 2009

1850 – Soeurs de la Charité de Québec Chapel, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Charles Baillairgé In 1850, the SÅ“urs de la Charité de Québec community asked Charles Baillairgé to carry out the architectural plans of a chapel. Though the chapel has been ravaged by fire...

16 December 2009

1850 – Institute Canadian, Quebec City, Quebec

Built as a Wesleyan Church in 1849-50. In the twentieth century, Congregationalist, Methodist and Presbyterian churches throughout the country merged in 1925 to form The United Church of Canada. In Quebec City, Chalmers...

11 December 2009

1850 – St Lawrence Hall, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: William Thomas St. Lawrence Hall is a meeting hall in Toronto, Canada next to the St. Lawrence Market. It was built, alongside the new city hall, in 1850 after a fire destroyed...

09 December 2009

1850 – Teatro Real, Madrid

Architect: Cuatodio Moreno Madrid’s Teatro Real on the Plaza de Oriente is the home of the Madrid Symphony Orchestra and Choir as well as invited soloists, conductors and visiting opera companies from around...

30 November 2009

1850 – New Stables, Dartrey, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Burn The Dartrey New Stables are a purpose built stable block with enclosed cobble yard from the early nineteenth century to designs of William Burn who designed the now demolished Dartrey...

25 November 2009

1850 – Ste-Genevieve Library, Paris

Architect: Henri Labrouste Designed in 1839, and opened in 1851, the library was intended to contain the treasures of a nearby cloister. Like the Old Library in Trinity College Dublin, the library has...

06 November 2009

1850 – St. Mary’s Priory, Cork

Architect: William Atkins Sited alongside the classical St. Mary’s catholic church, the priory by William Atkins is a mixture of classical and victorian institutional gothic. It may have been a Georgian house with...

02 October 2009

1850 – Museu da Marinha, Lisbon

Part of the Jerónimos Monastery complex which was rebuilt and partly restored at the end of the 19th century in the Neo Manueline style