Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1851

20 February 2014

1851 – Lismore Castle, Co. Waterford

Architect: William Atkinson / Joseph Paxton / A.W.N. Pugin / John Gregory Crace Originally built in 1185 by King John, Lismore Castle was owned in turn by Sir Walter Raleigh and Richard Boyle,...

21 August 2013

1851 – St. Maries of the Isle Mercy Convent, Sharman Crawford St., Cork

Architect: William Atkins Published in The Building News, December 7 1850. Constructed in red sandstone with limestone dressings. The proposed spire was never completed. Described at the time of constructed as: “This building...

15 April 2013

1851 – Railway Station, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

Architect: George Wilkinson Designed by George Wilkinson for the Midland Great Western Railway in a picturesque Tudor, complete with a variety of tall chimneys and crisp stonework. Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith...

09 March 2013

1851 – Bylaugh Hall, Norfolk

Architect: Banks & Barry Designed by the architects Charles Barry, Jr. and Robert Richardson Banks, with William Andrews Nesfield advising on the position of the house, and laying out the grounds and gardens....

06 March 2013

1851 – Design for St. Mary’s (North) Cathedral, Cork

Architect: Sir John Benson A design for reconstruction comprising a new tower, lengthening of the nave, the insertion of stone mullioned windows and an arch on which a steeple was to rest. The...

11 December 2012

1851 – Army & Navy Club, Pall Mall, London

Architect: Parnell & Smith The club was founded by Lieutenant-General Sir Edward Barnes (1776–1838) in 1837 with membership open to officers of the Army, Royal Navy and the Royal Marines. After a limited...

23 May 2012

1851 – Unbuilt Railway Station, Malahide, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Papworth Proposed design for a new Station Building for the Dublin and Drogheda Railway at Malahide in the early 1870s.

13 April 2012

1858 – Woodlawn Railway Station, Co. Galway

Architect: George Willoughby Hemans Sited on the main Iarnród Éireann Intercity line from Dublin to Galway, situated between Ballinasloe and Attymon halt stations. Woodlawn railway station opened on 1 August 1858 and was...

25 May 2011

1851 – MacNeill’s Egyptian Arch, Newry, Co. Armagh

Architect: Sir John MacNeill Construction was completed in 1851 for the Dublin and Belfast Junction Railway Company and was the result of collaboration between engineer Sir John MacNeill and constructor William Dargan. Locally...

Pages:12Next »