Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1852

15 April 2010

1852 – Ross House, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Ross House had its beginnings in 1852 when construction commenced on William Ross’s log home. Ross was appointed Post Master in 1855 by the Council of Assiniboia and he operated the post office...

19 February 2010

1852 – Former United Services Club, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: William Murray One of two former clubs on Stephen’s Green, the United Services Club has an imposing presence on the green, with its elevated entrance, staircase and massive bow window. The interior...

05 February 2010

1852 – St. Columba’s College, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Architect: Philip Charles Hardwick Design for a proposed building at St. Columba’s College, Co. Dublin by Philip Charles Hardwick – to include chapel, hall and cloister. In 1849, St. Columba’s moved from Stackallan...

28 January 2010

1852 – Railway Station, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Railway stations on this line to Belfast (Dublin Connolly, Malahide, Drogheda, Dundalk) are of a high quality with good quality ironwork and brick buildings. Skerries is no different, although it has been much...

07 January 2010

1852 – Railway Station, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: George Papworth A fine little railway station that was the end of the line before construction of the viaduct. Extended in recent years to serve the increasing Dublin commuter market, the station...

30 December 2009

1852 – Hyde Bridge, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: Sir John Benson This is the main bridge in Sligo and was built between 1848-53 by local architect and engineer Sir John Benson. Originally it was dedicated to Queen Victoria but has...

16 December 2009

1852 – Chalmers-Wesley United Church, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: John Wells This church, inaugurated in 1853, carries the name of Chalmers in honor of Reverend Thomas Chalmers, a former Scottish pastor and former head of the Free Church movement in Scotland....

11 November 2009

1852 – Suir Railway Viaduct, Cahir, Co. Tipperary

Architect: William Dargan Triple-span railway viaduct over River Suir, built 1852, on railway line between Limerick and Rosslare Harbour. It has elaborate limestone detailing to the massive masonry piers and abutments. The crenellated...

02 September 2009

1852 – Bank of Scotland, St. Andrew Square, Edinburgh

Architect: David Bryce Formerly the British Linen Bank but now a branch of the Bank of Scotland, this sumptuous branch is at 38-39 St Andrew Square. The elaborate facade features an order or...

Pages:« Prev12