Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1854

07 February 2014

1854 – Royal Cork Yacht Club, Cobh, Co. Cork

Architect: Anthony Salvin Designed by Anthony Salvin (1799-1881), a distinguished English architect and an expert in fortified architecture. He was involved in the restoration of many castles including the Tower of London and...

27 January 2014

1854 – The Nine Arches, Milltown, Co. Dublin

Opened in 1854 to carry the Dublin & Wicklow railway from Harcourt Street to Bray over the Dodder river. Closed in January 1959. Incorporated by Act of Parliament in 1846 as the “Waterford,...

06 June 2013

1854 – Great Southern Hotel, Killarney, Co. Kerry

Architect: Frederick Darley Constructed after an architectural competition in 1852, that was won by William Atkins with a premium also awards to Richard Brash. The railway line to Killarney from Dublin was about...

18 March 2013

1854 – Castlewellan, Co. Down

Architect: William Burn Constructed for the 4th Earl Annesley between 1852 and 1854 in a Scots Baronial style. Finished in granite, it’s a rather austere building despite the numerous small towers. A large...

07 March 2013

1854 – St Brigid’s Church, Ballinakill, Co. Laois

Architect: J.J. McCarthy The spire and tower was added by J.J. McCarthy around 1854 to an earlier church. The earlier building is a simple cruciform church, similar to many found in smaller towns...

03 January 2013

1854 – Harbour Commissioners’ Office, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: George Smith / W.H. Lynn Originally the central bays were constructed as a free standing Italiante palazzo to designs by George Smith, the architect to the Harbour Commissioners/ Later extended in 1895...

03 March 2011

1854 – St. Matthew’s Church, Cobo, Guernsey

Architect: John Johnson Designed by John Johnson in the Romanesque style which originated in Normandy. This is very much in keeping with its surroundings, since the Channel Islands, whilst being Crown dependencies of...

16 February 2010

1854 – St James’ Church, James Street, Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne Designed by Patrick Byrne who designed quite a few churches within walking distance. The building is carefully adapted to an irregular site so that the off-centre axis is largely unnoticed....

27 January 2010

1854 – Former Railway Station, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Opened in 1842 by the Dublin & Kingstown Railway Company, with further works in 1854, this is the third building along the waterfront by John Skipton Mulvany. Built over...

Pages:12Next »