Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1855

05 June 2014

1855 – Railway Station, Coleraine, Co. Derry

Architect: Charles Lanyon Original railway station for the BBCPJR – Ballymena, Ballymoney, Coleraine and Portrush Junction Railway – constructed for the opening of the line in 1855. A second building in a similar...

04 February 2014

1850s – Jurys Commercial & Family Hotel, College Green, Dublin

Architect: E.H. Carson William Jurys, a former commercial traveler, set up an inn catering to the commercial sector on Dublin’s College Green in 1839. The inn grew and by mid-century had become known...

15 July 2013

1855 – Railway Station, Edgeworthstown, Co. Longford

Architect: George Wilkinson Constructed for the Midland Great Western Railway Co., and opened in 8th November 1855. Visually similar to many on this network to the northwest of Ireland – a two storey,...

08 March 2013

1855 – Cork Opera House (The Athenaeum), Cork

Architect: Sir John Benson / C.J. Phipps The building, originally called ‘The Athenaeum’, was finished by early 1855. It hosted its first performance on 29 January 1855, a concert in aid of the...

07 March 2013

1855 – Gateway to Duckett’s Grove, Co. Carlow

Architect: John Macduff Derick Fantastically muscular design for the main gateway to Duckett’s Grove – with a total extant of 240feet including two gateways, and an array of towers. The architect was originally...

30 January 2013

1855 – Church of St. John the Baptist, Bedminster, Somerset

Architect: John Norton Cconsecrated on 30th October 1855, but plans for a spire were never realised. Burnt out on 24th November 1940 when it was hit by an incendiary bomb. Most of the...

20 December 2012

1855 – Royal Faculty of Procurators’ Hall, Glasgow

Architect: Charles Wilson The Royal Faculty of Procurators is a body which was incorporated prior to 1668 and continues to serve the needs of the legal profession in Glasgow and West Central Scotland....

01 December 2012

1855 – Holy Cross Church, Croston, Lancashire

Architect: E.W. Pugin Built as an estate chapel, it served as a Chapel of Ease to Ss Peter & Paul, Mawdesley for the first 26 years of its history, after which it fell...

30 October 2011

1855 – Design for Town Hall, Newcastle upon Tyne

Uncompleted design for extension to existing Town Hall in Newcastle.

Pages:123Next »