Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1855

29 June 2010

1855 – Orchardleigh Park, Somerset

Architect: T.H. Wyatt Although he worked in partnership for a large part of his career, on his own Wyatt designed Orchardleigh Park, Somerset (1855-8), in a vaguely Jacobean style.

14 April 2010

1855 – Old St. James Anglican Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

In 1850, Reverend W.H. Taylor was instructed by the Bishop of Rupert’s Land, The Right Reverend David Anderson, to establish a church for the settlement expanding westward along the banks of the Assiniboine...

28 January 2010

1855 – Railway Station, Howth, Co. Dublin

A fine little station built at the end of the branch line from Howth Junction on the main Dublin – Belfast route. The station is elevated above road level and accessed by a...

19 January 2010

1855 – Railway Station, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

A very simple little railway station in the form of a small 5 bay building, built c.1855 by the Great Southern and Western Railway Co., flanked by set back single-bay limestone structures and...

07 January 2010

1855 – Railway Viaduct, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: William Evans & James Barton Built between 1851 and 1855, the Drogheda Railway Viaduct is an impressive feat of engineering – equally impressive from a train as from down below. Until the...

31 December 2009

1855 – St. Aidan’s Cathedral, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford

Architect: Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin A monumental cathedral, the largest building in Ireland to designs prepared by Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin (1812-52) reputedly based on Tintern Abbey in Wales. Due to fears of...

17 December 2009

1855 – St. Andrew’s Rectory, St. Andrews, Manitoba

Built as the home of Archdeacon William Cockran, who designed the adjacent church, between 1853 and 1855, St. Andrew’s Rectory is an excellent example of mid-19th century Red River architecture. It is a...

16 December 2009

1855 – Presbytery of St. Patrick’s Church, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Goodlate Richardson Browne

06 November 2009

1855 – National Irish Bank, 71 South Mall, Cork

Architect: William Caldbeck Good quality bank branch on South Mall. Much closer in size to bank branches in Irish country towns rather than other banks along the mall. Of five bays, the two...