Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1856

14 November 2013

1856 – Water Police Court, Sydney, Australia

Architect: Edmund Thomas Blacket Policing Sydney’s harbour was the task of its Water Police. This court house and adjacent police office was built from Bennelong Point sandstone to the design of Colonial Architect...

13 August 2013

1856 – Design for Capitals, Museum, Trinity College, Dublin

From The Building News, March 29 1856: “Some mention has been made in our pages recently of the capitals arranged and sculptured by the workmen for the new museum at Trinity College, Dublin....

04 January 2012

1856 – Design for Wellington Testimonial, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: Sir Robert Smirke “Of all the public monuments hitherto raised in honor of the Duke of Wellington, that of the Citizens of Dublin is, if not the most graceful, at least the...

13 December 2011

1856 – Protestant Orphan Society Hall, Limerick

Architect: William Fogerty Published in The Builder, January 19, 1856. Two storey collegiate gothic orphanage now converted into offices. Original windows have been replaced with ugly uPVC versions.

06 December 2011

1856 – Pim’s Department Store, Sth Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Sandham Symes Large department store demolished in the 1970s to make way for an office building. Designed by Sandham Symes and built in several stages by the Pim family from the mid...

03 February 2011

1856 – Gosford Castle, Co. Armagh

Architect: Thomas Hopper Construction of the castle began in 1819 and finished in the 1850s. It was commissioned by Archibald Acheson, 2nd Earl of Gosford and the architect was Thomas Hopper, one of...

15 January 2011

1856 – Town Hall, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: James Paterson The construction of Blackburn’s original, Italian renaissance style town hall was completed in 1856 at a cost of £35,000. It originally housed a police station with 18 cells, a large...

30 June 2010

1855 – Camille-Roy Building, Seminaire de Quebec

Architect: Charles Baillargé The historical site of the Séminaire de Québec in Old Quebec includes a vast number of buildings, some of which date back to the 17th century and are witnesses of...

19 February 2010

1856 – University Church, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: John Hungerford Pollen A small entrance porch in rich polychromatic brick marks the University Church between two Georgian houses. Supported between the two houses is an usual belfry. The church was commissioned...

Pages:12Next »