Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1858

07 March 2014

1858 – Cannock, Tait and Co. Department Store, Limerick

Architect: William Fogerty Part of the building was constructed in 1858 and described in The Irish Builder, February 1 1859: “Messrs. Cannock, Tait and Co’s premises occupy a plot of ground 210 feet...

29 August 2013

1858 – Royal Victoria Patriotic Building, Wandsworth, London

Architect: Major Rhode Hawkins Funded by Prince Albert’s Royal Patriotic Fund, the building was intended for the ‘Education and Training of three hundred Orphan Daughters of Soldiers, Seamen and Marines who perished in...

16 August 2013

1858 – Former School, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Roderick Gray Originally constructed as a school for females by the wife of the local rector, Cassandra Hand. Hand was also responsible for starting the lace making industry in Clones. Designed by...

13 August 2013

1858 – Church of the Holy Trinity, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Architect: Joseph Welland The central part of the church was constructed by 1843 to the designs of an unknown architect – on a t-shaped plan. By the mid 1850s, extending was required, and...

09 March 2013

1858 – AIB, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Architect: William G. Murray Built as a branch of the Provincial Bank of Ireland, and now a branch for AIB. In traditional Irish manner, contains a residence for the branch manager. Photograph courtesy,...

08 March 2013

1858 – Royal Victoria Hotel & Baths, Glenbrook, Co. Cork

Glenbrook was originally a seaside resort with facilities such as Turkish Bath-houses which became established there. The first of these was the Royal Victoria Monkstown and Passage Baths, which opened in 1838. This...

21 December 2012

1858 – Eastburgh House, Pinner, London

Architect: David Bryce David Carnegie of Stronvar purchased the Eastbury Park Estate in 1857 and rebuilt the mansion and many other estate buildings to designs by Scottish architect David Bryce. The whole estate...

03 October 2012

1858 – Chimney Pieces, Holmwood, Cathcart, Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: Alexander & George Thomson This unique Villa in attractive riverside grounds has been described as Alexander ‘Greek’ Thomson’s finest domestic design. It was built in 1857-8 for James Couper. Many rooms are...

16 August 2012

1858 – St. Michael’s Church, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

Architect: Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin Originally was to be designed after a competition by J.J. McCarthy in 1846. The project was abandoned due to the Famine. A revised designed by Augustus Welby Northmore...

Pages:123Next »