Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1858

16 August 2012

1858 – St. Michael’s Church, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

Architect: Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin Originally was to be designed after a competition by J.J. McCarthy in 1846. The project was abandoned due to the Famine. A revised designed by Augustus Welby Northmore...

23 November 2011

1858 – Curragh Camp, Co. Kildare

Architect: George A. Leach These drawings are from the Narrative of Operations in the Arrangement and Formation of A Camp for 10,000 Infantry on the Curragh of Kildare. By the Late Lieut.-Colonel H.W.Lugard....

17 February 2011

1858 – St. Francis Xavier Church, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Design for Altar & Reredos published in The Building News, January 1st. 1858.

14 February 2011

1858 – New Library, Exeter College, Oxford

Architect: George Gilbert Scott

06 July 2010

1858 – St Saviour’s Church, Dominick Street, Dublin

Architect: J.J. McCarthy St Saviour’s Church is perhaps the finest church by J.J McCarthy in Dublin even though it was never completed as planned. A proposed tower and spire was never started, the...

01 February 2010

1858 – Church of Our Lady, Star of the Sea, Sandymount, Dublin

Architects: J.J. McCarthy / W.H. Beardwood The main facade with its three gables demonstrates the interior layout; the aisles and nave are the same width. Designed by J.J. McCarthy in 1851-58, it was...

27 January 2010

1858 – Glandore, Mounttown, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Built for the de Vesci family, the house is designed around the contrasting main facades – the complex entrance front, with its prominent chimney and entrance porch, contrasts with...

06 January 2010

1858 – No.70 Clanbrassil Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: John Neville Built by Nicholas Martin & Company as a wine store known as the ‘Wine Vaults’, the building originally featured an impressive rusticated ground floor shopfront in the style of the...

31 December 2009

1858 – Railway Station, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: George Wilkinson This elegant Italianate station with its entrance through a recessed loggia of three arches was built to the design of George Wilkinson who is better known for his fine Harcourt...