Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1858

31 December 2009

1858 – Railway Station, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: George Wilkinson This elegant Italianate station with its entrance through a recessed loggia of three arches was built to the design of George Wilkinson who is better known for his fine Harcourt...

29 September 2009

1858 – Rossmore Castle, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architects: William Vitruvius Morrison / W.H. Lynn Also known as Rossmore Park, Rossmore Castle was a 19th century castle of great size and variety. Originally built in 1827 to the designs of William...

29 September 2009

1858 – Church of Ireland, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Joseph Welland The fine Church of Ireland in the Diamond in Clones dominates the town and area, as it can be seen for several miles as you approach the town. It is...

29 September 2009

1858 – Church of Ireland, Killeevan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Joseph Welland & Son A simple and austere Church of Ireland set on a hillside overlooking the small village of Killeevan, the tower and spire were later additions. The external detailing of...

02 September 2009

1858 – Palm House – Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh

Architect: Robert Matheson A magnificent Victorian Palm House with wonderful masonry topped by a graceful ironwork roof, the Palm House reopened in 2002 after a lengthy restoration.

Pages:« Prev123