Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1859

24 January 2014

1859 – Church, Collingwood,, Lake Huron, Ontario

Architect: T.C. Sorby “The accompanying engraving represents a church recently erected in Canada, on the banks of Lake Huron, for a small and scattered congregation, who were much in want of a permanent...

04 December 2013

1858 – George Gilbert’s Scott’s design for Foreign Office, London

Architect: George Gilbert Scott The Foreign and Commonwealth Office building originally provided premises for four separate government departments: the Foreign Office, the India Office, the Colonial Office, and the Home Office. Construction on...

09 August 2013

1859 – Adam Clarke Memorial Obelisk, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Architect: William Barre A45 foot tall obelisk to a leading member of early Methodism, Adam Clarke whio was born in County Derry. John Wesley invited him to become a pupil at a seminary...

14 March 2013

1859 – Blessed Lady of the Rosary Church, Lanesborough, Co. Longford

A former Church of Ireland building, converted for use as the local Roman Catholic church in 1915. The change of congregation and various rebuilds over the years have given it a curious appearance....

01 March 2013

1859 – Turkish Baths, Quinsborough Rd., Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Sir John Benson & Richard Barter Based on the principals of Dr. Richard Barter who was reponsible for a number of similar establishments in Ireland, and owned by William Dargan. Built in...

19 December 2012

1859 – Design for St. Boniface Church, Whitechapel, London

Architect: E.W. Pugin “THE small chapel of St. Boniface, so long the only place of worship for the thirty thousand German Catholics in London, is to be replaced by a magnificent church worthy...

12 July 2012

1859 – Town Hall, Coleraine, Co. Derry

Architect: Thomas Turner Designed by Thomas Turner, the Town Hall was built in 1859 by McLaughlin & Harvey for the then large sum of £4,147, with The Honourable the Irish Society contributing £2,500....

23 April 2012

1859 – Water-house and tank, Sallins, Co. Kildare

Architect: Fine brick water-house with cast-iron tank above for the provision of water to railway engines in the steam era.

23 April 2012

1859 – Ardsollus and Quin railway station, Co. Clare

Architect: Ardsollus and Quin railway station was a station on the railway from Limerick to Ennis and served the village of Quin. Opened by the Limerick and Ennis Railway, it was absorbed by...

Pages:123Next »